Sunday, February 11, 2007

New Pattern- "Behind the Scenes..."

Today I began working on a new doll. It has a stocky body and a pretty developed-looking (Xtra Large)backside!

So far, the entire thing only has two parts~ Front and Back. The arms, feet and head are separate. The head will have a neck on it, rather than the neck already being part of the body-- and inserted into the head. The arms and legs- same idea.

The interesting thing about the design is the shape of the body. It has a "built-in-rear" and the legs are part of the torso.
Pretty neat, huh?


Now, I'll tell you where I got the idea!


Think carefully. Does this remind you of something?
Old Fashioned Ceramic dolls.
The only difference is, I'll make my new doll entirely of cloth.
Why not?

I purposely made the pattern oversized and "well padded." My last doll, Sarraf, is a beauty. This time I'll make something stunning but very ......
How about a big fat "ugly" troll?

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! It's a race .. who can get their troll pattern done first, me or you, ha ha. Probably you. I'm going on holiday at the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing and innovative! I can't wait to see your stunning completion of this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!