Thursday, July 02, 2009

D.S.

Please meet Dobby's sister!

This doll was inspired by my favorite character in Harry Potter- Dobby the house elf. Now that the final movie is coming out... WELL... I've just got to get myself excited over here. I've read all the books (thank you to my children for getting me into it), seen all the movies and looking forward to the last movie.

The doll I was working on last month ended up looking like an elf. A female elf. SO... I decided that Dobby the elf has a sister. So, here she is! Dobby's Sister. I'll just call her DS for short.

DS is an 18" cloth doll on a wire armature, standing unassisted. Her dress is made of upholstery fabric that gives the look of burlap. She's a bit spoiled so her burlap is embellished with delicate beads. She has wild and wooly tibetan lambswool hair and handmade eyes.

DS is made from the Tikvah pattern. I just made fairy ears, and made a very simple one-piece dress. DS hates shoes. So I polished her nails. She liked that.

She holds the portkey to the sewing room of every doll maker in the world, and she secretly travels around randomly, stealing sewing needles. If you are missing your needles, let me know.

In the meantime, I think I'll see if she will let me give her some shoes. I might just have to glue them on! In the meantime, watch out for missing needles....




5 comments:

  1. Harry Potter is one of my family's favorite. My six year old knows all the words to all the movies LOL! and yes I admit Dobby is my favorite too. Nice job on DS. Making a HP themed doll for the coming out of the Half-Blood Prince is a brillant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little sis is so cute. Dobby is my favorite, too. You know he has to appeal to dollmakers! And now I know what happened to all my needles. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the doll, and she is welcome to that bent needle I dropped a couple of days ago, but could she please return the scissors!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...love your work.

    :)Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise5:05 AM

    She is whimsical and a little anxious looking .Perhaps because DS has been to France with that portkey - can I please have my little silver thimble back ? On second thoughts she can keep it, maybe she needed it for a spicy elf beverage. By the way DS(said with a French accent) means Déesse -"goddess" over here.
    Love your blog and thanks for putting it up - it is an inspiration !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!