Thursday, February 28, 2013

Diamonds are a girl's best friend

Please allow me to introduce you
to one of my favorite and
best-kept-secret doll making tools:

The diamond file.


I love this tool because it allows me to get into the tightest of spaces and file down the tiny bumps wherever they may be.

I have two files. One is square and the other is round. The round one is great on curves and the square is great when I need a tiny tool on a tiny flat surface. The. Best of all is the tip on both tools.




Diamond files are meant for glass. Once upon a time, I wanted to try my hand at making jewelry.  That's when I got these tools.  I tried it once and decided I'd had enough jewelry making!  LOL!
I gave the jewelry to my daughter and repurposed the files for my dolls.

Much better!









3 comments:

  1. She's coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Love the transformation and you coming back! I always loved your blog. I have a question...Where did you purchase your files? I have checked Amazon and a few jewelry places but they do not sell individual files. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! thank you so much for the comment! The truth is, I purchased the files in a crazy hardware store in Seattle. This place had everything but the kitchen sink. It was so chaotic I don't even remember the name of the place or exactly where it was! It was one of those places that was wonderfully out of control, if you know what I mean :-)
    I'm not sure where you can find one, but if you do a search for stained glass supplies, glass cutting supplies, glass diamond files, etc., you might be able to find a resource. I'm so sorry that I' don't have more specific information but if you do hone in on it, please share so others can get one too if they are interested!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and happy dolling!